The UCSF DRC facilitates and supports research in diabetes and endocrinology in a variety of ways. The following are membership programs:
- Islet Biology Program
- Obesity & Metabolism Program
- Autoimmunity & Inflammation Program
- Translation Program
Application for membership can be self-initiated or proposed by any existing DRC member and will be considered by the DRC Executive Committee. Criteria for inclusion include the following:
- Concurrence of the candidate’s research program with DRC programs and goals.
- Extramural funding (with priority given to NIH funding).
- Evidence that the candidate will enhance DRC goals by interacting with DRC members and by contributing to and benefiting from DRC activities (Enrichment Program, Cores, and P & F).
DRC membership is reviewed annually by The Program Directors. Members that no longer fit the criteria above will be reviewed by the DRC Executive Committee and considered for removal.
CENTER MEMBERS ARE REMINDED TO ACKNOWLEDGE DRC CENTER GRANT (P30 DK063720) CONTRIBUTIONS WITH ‘THIS RESEARCH WAS SUPPORTED BY GRANTS X, Y FROM NIH P30 DK063720'.